When getting a new credit cards there are certain things to look for to make sure you get the best deal.
1. Which is most important a low introductory rate or a low AVR?
2. How long is the introductory period (can range between 3 and 6 months)
3. Do you get points for spending? This is relatively insignificant unless you spend a lot on a credit card.
4. Can you apply and check balance online, most credit card companies offer this feature.
5. Do you have any adverse credit history, this will reduce the number of options that you have.
6. Are there any costs associated with balance transfers. It is becoming increasingly common for credit card companies to charge a balance transfer of 2-3%. It is hard to find a company who will do it for free.